Know Your Customer (KYC) Checks
BoyleSports cares about its customers. That means we care about making your experience playing with us enjoyable, but also that we’re passionate about taking care of you as an individual. Part of that means we need to make sure your activity is affordable as well as fun.
As a regulated operator, we’re also required to perform certain checks to help keep the gambling industry free from crime, as well as making sure it is fair and open and doesn’t lead to harm. Like banks, estate agents and other regulated companies, this means we need to collect certain pieces of customer information for age, identity and funds verification.
What can I do to help?
You may find that you’ve been contacted to discuss affordability and the source of your funds. KYC is a routine part of customer due diligence and normally doesn’t take too long to resolve. You can help by speaking to one of our specialist team about how you fund the activity on your account and help us work out the right level of spend for you. Sometimes we’ll ask for documents to verify your information – we’ll always be happy to talk you through the kind of documents you can use.
What if I don’t have any documents?
We understand that not everyone will have access to the same documents and that each individual’s circumstances are unique. If you don’t have anything that matches what’s on our list of suggestions (you can see this below), you can get in touch via Customer Services and we’ll help explore your alternatives.
What happens to my documents?
Will my account be restricted?
In most cases this won’t be necessary. On some occasions we may need to add some temporary conditions to your account that may control the amount you can play or deposit with us – if that’s the case we’ll always aim to help get you back up and running as swiftly as possible. We’ll reach out to let you know what we need, and you can get in touch anytime via 0800 22 00 66 (UK customers), 1800 22 00 66 (Rep of Ireland) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve any questions.
Where can I learn more about these checks?
The Gambling Commission publishes a number of resources for the general public, including guidance on the importance of Safer Gambling and ID verification here.
Suggested forms of documentation
In most cases, customers will choose to demonstrate their Source of Funds using something that shows their regular income. In cases where they wish to spend some of the proceeds of a windfall, they might instead provide something showing a one off payment. Either way, what’s important is that we find a level where you can enjoy playing without putting your finances or anything else at risk. It’s usually best to discuss your individual circumstances with one or our specialist advisors to work out what’s best.
Some documents that you could use include:
- Recent payslips from your employer
- Contract of current employment
- P60 form or annual tax returns
- Recent bank statements showing regular income or savings
- Evidence of share dividends or inheritance
- Company accounts or evidence of assets held
How can I help make the process go smoothly?
We aim to make this process as easy as possible, so it’s important everything we receive is legible and clear. You can help by trying to keep the following in mind:
- When submitting photographs of documents, it’s important ensure that all 4 corners of the paper can be seen.
- Sending pictures in higher resolution means that all information on your document can be clearly read.
- When sending bank statements, please ensure that your name and account details appear at the top of each page. Should you be sending different documents such as an accountant’s letter or tax return, please make sure that your name and anything else showing your identity are clearly visible.
- Whatever you are able to send, it’s important to capture the whole of the document with no pages missing - this helps avoid unnecessary delays.
- Screenshots of online banking apps can be useful but might not be enough to fully validate your account – that’s because we need to take steps to verify each document we receive, and this can be harder with screenshots than paper documents. If you don’t have any paper documents, or aren’t sure what to send, our Customer Service Agents or an Account Manager will be happy to discuss this with you.
How can I supply these documents to you?
You can share your docs with us in a variety of ways:
- Email them as attachments to email@example.com ;
- Use the simple and secure docs upload facility on our website;
- Send copies of your docs via post to Verify Me, c/o Compliance Department, BoyleSports, Finnabair Ind Estate, Dundalk, Rep Ireland – you can help us by writing your username on the inside of the envelope