Bets placed on BGT Self Service Betting Terminals will be settled in accordance with Boylesports shop rules except in the following circumstances:
Re-started Races - In the occurrence of a re-started race bets will be settled according to the rules of the governing body for the jurisdiction where the race is hosted.
Postponed Races - If a race is postponed for any reason then bets will stand provided there is no additional declaration stage and the original course and distance are used to host the race. Should a postponement not fit these criteria all bets will be made void. Please note that a Tattersalls Rule 4(c) may apply if not all of the original declared runners take part
Bets are settled according to the official Rules of Racing, with the exception of the following:
All bets placed on UK and Irish horse racing will be settled on First Past the Post AND the official result.
- First Past the Post: The immediate result after the race has been completed (see Exceptions below)
- Official Result: Announced at the "weigh-in" on the day, after any Steward's Enquiries and/or objections have been considered. If a winner is disqualified after the official result is announced, the disqualification will not affect the settlement of bets.
The exceptions where First Past the Post does not apply and bets are only settled according to the official result are:
- A selection taking the wrong course
- A selection carrying the wrong weight or the jockey failing to weigh-in
- Any Ante Post bet
- A Forecast or Tricast bet
- A void race
- Any Tote/Pari-Mutuel bet
- A selection given as the winner in error by the judge
- A bet placed on a two-runner race or a special match bet
- A bet placed in a “without the favourite” or any other special market
Racing from jurisdictions outside the UK & Ireland are only settled on the official ‘weighed-in’ result.