AT BOYLESPORTS LICENSED BETTING OFFICES IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Introduction to Rules:
The following rules will govern all transactions between BoyleSports Limited’s (“BoyleSports, we, our or us) and you, the customer, at our licensed betting offices in the Republic Of Ireland.
*Please note that separate betting rules apply to the Fon-A-Bet and internet services.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and our commitment to operating our business fairly and in a responsible way. All transactions and bets placed with BoyleSports are covered by our rules.
You must exercise your own judgement in choosing to place a bet. You acknowledge that, in placing your bet, you are not relying on any statement of any employee of BoyleSports relating to the subject matter of the bet. The terms of your bet may only be varied by oral or written notice given by an authorised representative of BoyleSports. BoyleSports reserves the right to refuse part or all of a bet.
Conditions of Acceptance of Bets:
- As we do not keep records of individual bets after six months we are unable to guarantee payment of unclaimed returns after this time.
- In the event of a multiple Dead-Heat, stakes will be divided in proportion to the number of selections that tie in the multiple Dead-Heats.
- Errors or omissions in the spelling of named selection by a customer will not render the wager void unless this creates ambiguity.
- The onus is on the customer to ensure the correct amount of money is given by the customer for each bet, and received back for each successful claim. The onus is on the customer to keep his/her betting slip safe and to present it for payment promptly.
- Customers are requested to write their own bets/instructions unless they are incapable of doing so. In the event of a member of staff writing a bet for customer, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that his / her instructions are written correctly.
- Any bet not put through our security/EPOS scanner by our staff will be automatically void
- Customers wishing to back a horse given as a runner should do so, if the customer wishes, they may nominate a selection to run in its place in the event of a NR. This is to be indicated with either “if Non-runner X” or “if absent X”.
- GREYHOUNDS: Untimed or wrongly timed bets for trap numbers will automatically be settled on the next BAGS/BEGS race immediately after the time of acceptance.
- Tote betting (Placepots / Jackpots / Quadpots etc.): If for any reason the tote fails to operate at a race meeting all tote bets will be settled at our starting price terms.
- Under no circumstance will business be conducted with persons who are under 18 years of age. Age verification will be requested if deemed necessary by our staff at any time. Each customer warrants that any proof of age documentation produced to us is complete and authentic. The right to void any bet with a person less than 18 years of age is retained.
- The consumption of alcohol or the uses of any illegal substances are strictly prohibited in our offices. We reserve the right to ask person/s causing any disturbance to leave the premises.
- Due to legislation in the Republic of Ireland all our shops operate a non-smoking policy.
- We reserve the right to accept or decline the whole or part of any bet that a customer offers to make at our sole discretion, without giving any reason.
- If we accept a bet after our official betting time has closed, where the event upon which the bet was place has been determined/ finished or at a stage where a customer knew or could have had any indication of the outcome then we may void the bet and return the stake to you.
- We will make every effort to ensure total accuracy in the issuing and publishing of our Prices & Information. However, we will not be held accountable or accept responsibility for any obvious errors or omissions in any of the markets offered and we reserve the right to correct these errors as follows:
A) Where a bet is accepted in error at an incorrect price, bets will stand at the correct price or at SP, whichever is greater. We will endeavour to contact the customer before the event commences to offer the choice of cancelling the bet by mutual consent. This rule applies to both pre-event and in-play markets.
B) Where a bet is accepted in error containing the incorrect Spread or Totals number, then all bets will be void, regardless of the result. This rule applies to both pre-event and in-play markets.
- In these Rules limits and maximum payouts appear. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to ensure that he or she understands and adheres to these limits, irrespective of bets being accepted by our staff in excess of those limits.
- In most instances, you can place a bet with us without providing any personal data. However, on some occasions, we may ask you for personal data to provide a service, to answer a query or carry out a transaction requested by you. The personal data that we collect may include your contact details, such as your name, email address, telephone and physical address, inquiries about and orders for our products and services, as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you, correspondence that you send to us, details of transactions you carry out with us or feedback, complaints or issues raised by you about our services. Unless we inform you at the time of collecting personal data from you, the personal data that you provide to us will not be accessible by third parties unless required by law or these Rules (e.g. to IBAS). We will use your personal data only for the purposes set out in these Rules, to deliver services or execute transactions you request or for security purposes. In connection with our business, products or services, we may disclose some or all of your personal data to our subsidiaries, affiliates, or joint ventures, including subsidiaries or affiliates that provide services to you on other platforms (e.g. on BoyleSports branded websites). Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize particular businesses. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal data, including your data, to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. At any time you can make a written request to access, review and correct all your personal data collected by us, or in certain cases to delete your personal data held by us, by sending an e-mail to care@BoyleSports.com. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal data and we may charge you the statutory fee to receive a copy of your personal data.
- We record telephone calls with our customers and we have CCTV cameras or security cameras located throughout our stores for security purposes, on occasion to maintain a record of the transaction which occurs and also to monitor the efficiency and quality of our employees’ delivery of our services. The recordings and the images that we capture on these cameras are digitally recorded and stored in a secure facility. While CCTV footage is monitored by our security company and employees it and telephone recordings are not disclosed to any third party except An Garda Síochána for the purpose of preventing, detecting or investigating offences. Generally we do not keep the CCTV cameras or security cameras records for more than a month, unless there is an issue/event that has been identified in the footage which makes it then necessary to keep it for longer or where we need to keep a record of the transaction which has taken place and we have no other record. We keep telephone call recordings for approximately 1 month unless there is an issue/event that has been identified in the footage which makes it then necessary to keep it for longer or where we need to keep a record of the transaction which has taken place and we have no other record.
- All bets will be settled in accordance with the customer’s original and intended selection(s), not what’s printed on the receipt. All receipts must be checked before leaving the counter to ensure bet selection(s) are correct. This is also the case for Mark Sense slips / coupons.