We understand the need to be responsible and gambling should be an enjoyable experience. The following advice will be helpful to anyone who wants to ensure they keep it fun:
- Set limits on how much you can deposit online.
- Gamble only with money you can afford to lose.
- Play on our websites for fun. Do not see it as a way of making money.
- Don't use gambling as an outlet for stress or boredom.
- Keep track of your transactions through the statement function in My Account. Know what you have spent, and how much you can afford to deposit.
We would urge anyone who believes they have a gambling problem to seek advice and support. If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then you can contactGamCare. They are a registered charity that provide confidential telephone and online support and counselling to anyone affected by gambling. They can be contacted by phone on 0808 802 0133 from the UK or +44 845 600 133 internationally, or by email -email@example.com.
Gambling therapy offer further advice and support online. They offer a wide range of facilities and services including an online help room. Click here to connect to their website.
The Dunlewey Advice centre provides support groups and individual counselling for anyone who finds themselves in difficult situations as a direct result of gambling. You can call them on freephone 1800 936 725 from the Republic of Ireland.